The program has been designed to assist residents of Williams Lake in replacing their old inefficient toilets, clothes washers, and dishwashers with new, more efficient models. Older toilets can use as much as 20 litres of water per use whereas newer low flow toilets use only 4.8 litres or less, some using as little as 3 litres. As a result, changing only one toilet to a more efficient model can save tens of thousands of litres of water per year. Replacing residential toilets also saves wastewater entering the sewage treatment plant, saving on treatment costs and on the amount of effluent leaving the plant.
A total of $25,000 is being made available for this program in 2012. The rebates are as follows:
- The amount of the receipt to a maximum of $75 for a 4.8 litre flush toilet.
- The amount of the receipt to a maximum of $100 for a 4.8/3 litre flush toilet.
- The amount of the receipt to a maximum of $125 for a 3 litre flush toilet.
- A rebate for contractors who build new homes can receive a $75 rebate for installation of a 3 litre toilet instead of the standard 4.8 litre.
Clothes Washers and Dishwashers:
- Amount of the receipt to a maximum of $150 for appliances that have a Water Factor of less than 6, and the amount of the receipt to a maximum of $200 for appliances that have a Water Factor of 3 or less.
For a list of appliances and the Water Factor, visit www.williamslake.ca. Click on Departments, Planning and Operations, Appliance Rebates.
The City of Williams Lake will be implementing the Toilet Replacement Program between June 1 and August 31 on a first-come, first-serve basis. There is a limit of two toilet/appliance rebates per residential dwelling per year. Applications and information brochures are available at City Hall, and information brochures will be available online at www.williamslake.ca.
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites
|< Prev||Next >|