Through various resources, information and tools, sports leaders can learn how they can successfully apply proven injury prevention and athlete development principles drawn from the best research-based evidence. In the fast-paced, 90-minute workshop session, SportSmart participants will learn how they can make a difference:
- How to ensure players are properly prepared for activity.
- How to recognize the signs and symptoms of serious injuries, including concussion, administer basic onsite sports first-aid.
- How to set up a safe, enjoyable environment.
- Where to find evidence based advice and guidelines.
- Where to turn in the event of an injury to their children.
SportMedBC has also built an online network that boasts the latest injury prevention information that is essential for parents and coaches. Access to the network is free for workshop attendees. SportMedBC will also be releasing a series of webinars from September through to March that will focus on relevant injury prevention topics.
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites
|< Prev||Next >|