'Team up for Terry' is a great opportunity for your group, company or organization to make a difference in the fight against cancer while commemorating a great Canadian, Terry Fox.
Terry Fox believed that every person could make a difference. Imagine the impact you will make by forming, or joining, a team. The impact on cancer research. The impact on a cancer patient.
Help support Cancer Research across Canada and participate in the annual Terry Fox Run in Williams Lake. The event will take place on Sunday, September 16, 2012 at the Cariboo Memorial Recreation Complex. Registration is from 9:00 -11:00am with the official event kicking off at 10:00 am. There is no entry fee, and no minimum pledge required. You can run, walk, wheel, or ride the 5 km or 10 km route through Williams Lake.
There are as many types of teams involved in the Terry Fox Run as there are reasons to get involved. Consider joining forces with like-minded individuals or professional affiliations. Put together a group of dog walkers, sports teams, your exercise group, the ladies who do your nails or the ladies whose nails you do … just get involved to honour those who have battled cancer.
Terry Fox was all about the effort, about taking himself to the limit for the cause. With no entry fee or minimum donation expected from a Team Up For Terry participant, the only expectations are the ones you have for yourself as our Terry Fox Team Captain. Ask yourself how far you want to go...and let us help you reach your goal.
Team Up...with your colleagues
Team Up...with your family and friends
Team Up...with your social club or athletic group
Team Up...to Celebrate, Honour and Remember loved ones
Form a team for the Terry Fox Run Day. With over 750 Terry Fox Run sites across Canada to chose from, the most difficult choice you'll make is where to go.
- Set up a table/area at the Terry Fox Run site to convene. Bring your family, invite your friends...share those inspirational moments
- Organize breakfasts/luncheons before Run Day to motivate others to join your group
- Bake sales are easy to organize and popular with just about everyone
- Silent or online auctions can be a great way to enhance your fundraising efforts
- Used CD/book/craft sales clean out the home and make a valuable contribution to research
- Organize a celebratory luncheon after the event to share favourite moments and memories
- Corporate donations or matching donations recognize employees' community involvement
- Request donations of products and services to enhance your team's involvement
For more information call the Cariboo Memorial Recreation Complex at 250-398-7665. To obtain a pledge sheet, visit the Recreation Complex or print one online at terryfox.org.
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites
|< Prev||Next >|